11/8/16

Meatballs

1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 cup onions, chopped small
1/2 cup crushed soda crackers
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 eggs
several dashes of Worcestershire sauce

The original recipe didn't call for the pork, just a lb of beef, but we had both and find them a great blend. The original recipe also called for bread crumbs instead of crackers, and didn't include the Worchestershire sauce, which is Scott's secret ingredient.

I baked them at 400F for 25 minutes.

When the meatballs are made of lean ground beef alone, I sometimes skip the oven (and the extra pan to wash) and throw them directly into the hot soup or stew and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a loooong time since I made crackers, so for a recipe like this I'd use Saltines. Come to think of it, I'd use Saltines crushed to bread my pickerel fillets too.

    Moan-a in the city.

    ReplyDelete